Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Speculation on Trump impeachment proceedings
Articles and news regarding the impeachment process and impeachment hearings:
- Fox News Sunday interview of Sen. Mitt Romney, Jan. 24, 2021
- Fox News Sunday interview of Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson, Jan. 17, 2021
- N. Y. Times: "Wartime Production Law Has Been Used Routinely, but Not With Coronavirus," by Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Ana Swanson, March 31, 2020
- ABC This Week interview of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Jan. 12, 2020
- Fox News, "GAO says Trump administration broke law by withholding Ukraine aid," by Tyler Olson, 1/16/20
- USA Today, "Trump says he has been denied due process. But the Constitution does not afford him that.," by Kristine Phillips, 12/30/2019
- NBC News, "President Donald Trump's 10 biggest false claims," 12/31/2019
- Bluffton Today, "Keep America strong and prosperous," by Sen. Kelly Loeffler, Dec 30, 2019
- Politico.com: "Schumer seizes on new reporting in calls for trial witnesses," by Marianne Levine, 12/30/2019
- CNN State of the Union interview of Joe Kennedy, December 29, 2019
- Gwinnett Daily Post, "Big tasks loom as Kelly Loeffler prepares to join Senate," by Curt Yeomans, Dec 29, 2019
- ABC This Week interview, "Yang says he would 'expand' universal health care 'over time'," by K.Walsh and A.Garcia, 12/29/19
- NY Times, "Will McConnell Let the Senate Hold a Fair Impeachment Trial?", by Kamala D. Harris, Dec. 18, 2019
- Augusta Chronicle, "Loeffler talks lock and dam in Augusta visit," by Tom Corwin, Dec 23, 2019
- ABC 'This Week' interview of Sen. Doug Jones and Sen. Ron Johnson, 12-22-19
- WHO-TV-13 Des Moines, "U.S. Senate Candidate Kimberly Graham," by Dave Price, December 22, 2019
- BamaPolitics.com, "Tommy Tuberville Reacts to Passage of Impeachment Articles," by Dakota Layton, December 19, 2019
- Mother Jones magazine, "The Inevitability of Donald Trump's Impeachment," by David Corn, 12/18/19
- Letter from the President to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, in response to Congressional impeachment charges, Dec. 17, 2019
- CNN analysis of Trump Letter to Nancy Pelosi, by Chris Cillizza, Dec. 17, 2019
- The Hill, "Former GOP presidential candidate: It is 'vital' Trump be impeached," by Rebecca Klar, 12/16/19
- (On Trump Impeachment): JustSecurity.org, "Federal Criminal Offenses and the Impeachment of Donald J. Trump," by Randall Eliason, 12/16/2019
- CBS Face the Nation interview of Sens. Lindsey Graham and Dick Durbin, December 15, 2019
- Fox News Sunday interview, "Rep. Adam Schiff defends Democrats' impeachment case against President Trump," December 15, 2019
- ABC This Week interview of Rep. Jerrold Nadler and Rep. Adam Schiff, December 15, 2019
- Newsweek magazine: "This Is the Third Impeachment I've Worked On. It's by Far the Most Serious," by Zoe Lofgren, 12/13/19
- Pittburgh Post-Gazette: "Tom Ridge says Trump asking a foreign leader for a political favor is an 'abuse of power'," Dec. 11, 2019
- Foreign Policy magazine: "World Leaders Stood Behind Bill Clinton When He Was Impeached. Not So Trump," by Colum Lynch, December 11, 2019
- Associated Press, "Power of gavel means Trump is 'impeached forever'," by Lisa Mascaro, Dec. 18, 2019
- NPR, "President Clinton Was Impeached 21 Years Ago. Some Parallels Run Deep," by Brian Naylor, December 6, 2019
- Vox.com, "Rudy Giuliani just blew up Trump's 'no quid pro quo' talking point," by Aaron Rupar, Dec 6, 2019
- Scottsbluff Star-Herald, "As impeachment proceedings advance, lawmakers split down party lines," by Joseph Morton, Dec 5, 2019
- ABC News, "Trump impeachment: Experts outline 'serious abuse of power'," by Stephanie Ebbs, Benjamin Siegel, Katherine Faulders and Libby Cathey, Dec 4, 2019
- Fox News Politics, "Evan Bayh suggests compromise between Trump, Dems to avoid impeachment," by Ronn Blitzer, 12/1/2019
- ABC 'This Week' interview of Rep. Val Demings, 12-1-19
- CBS Face the Nation interview of Kelly Armstrong, Nov. 24, 2019
- Excerpts from Democratic Primary Debate in Seattle, hosted by MSNBC, November 20th, 2019
- CNN State of the Union interview of John Kasich, October 13, 2019
- CNN State of the Union interview of Mark Sanford & Joe Walsh, October 6, 2019
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Matt Lieberman, son of former VP nominee, runs for Senate," by Greg Bluestein, Oct 03, 2019
- CNN.com, "Vermont GOP governor backs Trump impeachment inquiry: 'These are serious allegations'," by Paul LeBlanc, Sep. 26, 2019
- Democratic presidential primary debate in Detroit, July 31, 2019
- New York Times, "Highlights of Robert Mueller’s Testimony to Congress," by Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Mark Mazzetti, 7/24/19
- Vox.com, "Mueller testimony on Russian interference," by Jen Kirby, July 24, 2019
- Detroit Free Press, "Trump says he wanted to but won't address NAACP convention," July 18, 2019
- ABC News, "'Let the American people see the facts' on impeachment: Tom Steyer," by John Verhovek, 7/14/2019
- CNN State of the Union interview of Rep. Justin Amash, July 7, 2019
- Townhall.com, "House Freedom Caucus Formally Condemns Justin Amash," by Cortney O'Brien, May 21, 2019
- Human Events magazine, "Does 'Impeach Trump' Amash Have Financial Interests in China?", by Sofia Carbone, May 20, 2019
- San Francisco Chronicle, "The case for impeaching President Trump—now," by Tom Steyer, May 13, 2019
- The Guardian (UK), "In fighting all oversight, Trump has made his most dictatorial move," by Robert Reich, 4/28/2019
- Politico.com, "Trump says he'll turn to Supreme Court if Congress begins impeachment, by Katie Galioto, 04/24/2019
- Huffington Post, "Colin Powell: Trump Has Changed 'We The People' To 'Me The President'," by Mary Papenfuss, 10/08/2018
- CNBC, "Trump dismisses NYT investigation alleging tax fraud as a 'boring and often told hit piece'," by Jacob Pramuk, 10/3/2018
- Also see: commentary on the Mueller Report
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Donald Trump: Skipped 2019 NAACP meeting, due to "format" disagreements.
Beto O`Rourke: Impeachment necessary to signal this can't happen again.
Thom Tillis: Supports eparations as a bipartisan process.
Tom Steyer: US government & Trump have been corrupted by corporate money.
Kamala Harris: When people break rules, they pay penalty; so should Trump.
Deval Patrick: Crime for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate Biden.
Mike Bloomberg: Trump coddles Russia; they intruded in 2016 election.
Amy Klobuchar: Trump impeachment about foreign power influencing elections.
Susan Rice: Foreign policy should serve national interest, not president.
Bill Hagerty: America at the forefront: Ukraine dealings change nothing.
Asa Hutchinson: The Electoral College is critical to our nation.
Mitt Romney: If we're going to have unity, we need accountability.
Jerrold Nadler: Impeachment: Trump continuing threat to election & democracy.
Andrew Yang: Foreign meddling in our elections is an act of aggression.
Elizabeth Warren: Million-dollar donors shouldn't get ambassadorships.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: Whistleblower rules never require 1st-hand report.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Impeachment is now about the rule of law.
Chris Coons: 10-day process to fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Cory Booker: 10-day process to fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Lindsey Graham: 10-day process to fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Orrin Hatch: Trust Trump to not fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Thom Tillis: Protect Russia probe special prosecutor from getting fired.
Adam Schiff: Supports CIA report: Russia interfered with 2016 election.
Chris Stewart: CIA got it wrong on Russia 2016 election interference report.
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen: 2016: Russia's goal was distrust of election institutions.
Elijah Cummings: Trump must provide proof that he donates all foreign profits.
Lindsey Graham: Overwhelming evidence that Russians stole emails from DNC.
Dick Cheney: OpEd: Pressured DOJ to declare NSA domestic spying legal.
John Ashcroft: OpEd: refused to declare NSA domestic spying legal.
Colin Powell: Opposes policy of separating migrant mothers and children.
Charles Djou: Leaving GOP because Trump makes it hostile to immigrants.
Principles & Values|
John Bolton: Declined impeachment testimony due to "personal involvement".
Nancy Pelosi: Donald Trump will be impeached forever.
Kelly Loeffler: My first vote will be to end the impeachment sham.
Andrew Yang: Impeachment: Open to pardoning Trump if elected.
Joe Kennedy III: Impeachment is the House standing up for the Constitution.
Kelly Loeffler: Impeachment "is a partisan exercise".
Kelly Loeffler: Impeachment: no evidence, no crime.
Doug Jones: Impeachment should include witnesses & documentary evidence.
Kimberly Graham: Supports impeachment of Trump but voters don't bring it up.
Ron Johnson: Impeachment charges are "pretty thin gruel".
Bernie Sanders: Trump has documentedly lied thousands of times as President.
Elizabeth Warren: Prosecute Trump for corruption and violating constitution.
Joe Biden: Constitutional necessity to impeach; do not re-elect Trump.
Pete Buttigieg: Congress had no choice but to impeach Trump.
Tom Steyer: Trump officials should testify for court of public opinion.
Tommy Tuberville: Impeachment process has been a sham.
Kamala Harris: Impeachment: McConnell doesn't want trial, wants cover-up.
Nancy Pelosi: Impeachment showed "the power of the gavel".
Nancy Pelosi: American voters choose president, not foreign government.
Adam Schiff: Impeachment: Can't turn away from cheating in next election.
Adam Schiff: Challenges to subpoenas not impeachable, stonewalling is.
Lindsey Graham: Impeachment: Don't need to hear a lot of witnesses.
Richard Durbin: President is on trial for impeachment, but so is Senate.
Woody Thrasher: I've learned a lot from President Donald Trump.
Lindsey Graham: 1998: High crimes don't even have to be a crime.
Chris Janicek: Impeachment about upholding rule of law.
Jerrold Nadler: Clinton provided blood during impeachment; Trump stonewalls.
Evan Bayh: Compromise between Trump & Dems avoids political food fight.
Val Demings: Trump failed to bribe Ukraine, but still accountable.
Kelly Armstrong: After Ukraine call transcript, everything else is just noise.
Amy Klobuchar: President focusing on personal interests risks democracy.
Bernie Sanders: Trump think he is above the law, but nobody is.
Joe Biden: We need to defeat Trump AND gain a Senate majority.
Joe Biden: Keep the Justice Department independent of politics.
Pete Buttigieg: Impeachment should be above politics, but Trump confessed.
Stuart Meissner: Time to end the impeachment crusade.
Barbara Bollier: Supports impeachment because no one is above the law.
Amy Klobuchar: Trump's actions make Russia great again, not America.
Andrew Yang: Impeachment won't solve problems that got Trump elected.
Bernie Sanders: Trump a corrupt president, worthy of impeachment.
Beto O`Rourke: Impeachment: Can't fail those who sacrificed for our country.
Cory Booker: Impeachment: We need a moral moment, not a political one.
Elizabeth Warren: Impeachment is about more than Trump.
Joe Biden: Congress had no choice but to move on impeachment.
Kamala Harris: Trump committed crimes in plain sight.
Pete Buttigieg: Impeachment is not just about Trump, but about presidency.
Tom Steyer: Impeachment reflects the will of the American people.
Tulsi Gabbard: Supports impeachment inquiry providing info to Americans.
John Kasich: Asking for foreign help in elections is wrong.
Doug Jones: Trump's actions raise concern for national security.
Daniel Gade: Bothered by Congress trying to embarrass president.
Joe Walsh: Donald Trump is a traitor; that is impeachable.
Mark Sanford: Supports investigating Trump; prefers censure to impeachment.
Matt Lieberman: Supports impeachment process; would likely vote to remove.
Eddie Melton: First Republican governor to support impeachment probe.
Bill O`Brien: Impeachment: There has to be a quid pro quo; none there.
Bill de Blasio: Impeach Trump, but Dems should talk about working people.
Cory Booker: Trump is acting as an authoritarian against the Constitution.
Julian Castro: Trump should be impeached for obstruction of justice.
Michael Bennet: Moral obligation to beat Trump, but don't impeach.
Adam Schiff: Anyone excerpt the president would have been indicted.
Adam Schiff: Congress must decide on impeachment, not Mueller.
Jim Sensenbrenner: Mueller should have decided impeachable conduct.
Steve Chabot: Mueller did not determine any impeachable conduct.
Ted Lieu: Trump committed all three elements of obstruction of justice.
Ted Lieu: Trump committed obstruction but presidents can't be indicted.
Justin Amash: People want open, honest representation.
Beto O`Rourke: Impeach Trump to get facts & assure accountability.
Donald Trump: Foreign-provided opposition info? Read it; maybe call FBI.
Pete Buttigieg: Rejecting foreign election interference isn't complicated.
Pete Buttigieg: Won't demand prosecution of Trump; that's AG's call.
Beto O`Rourke: Future Justice Dept. should follow facts on Trump.
Cory Booker: Trump undermines constitutional intent: no one above the law.
Cory Booker: Supports impeachment investigation necessary to get to truth.
Lindsey Graham: Now supports Trump, but called him "unfit for office".
Justin Amash: Amash's call for impeachment condemned by Freedom Caucus.
Justin Amash: Nobody wins in a trade war.
Tom Steyer: Republicans did not lose Congress for impeaching Clinton.
Tom Steyer: Nixon only lost support once impeachment hearings began.
Donald Trump: OpEd: 1920s law authorizes to get presidential tax returns.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Trump aides must testify despite "executive privilege".
Robert Reich: Refusing Congress' subpoena fits a dictator, not a president.
Robert Reich: When Nixon blocked aides' testifying, Dems threatened jail.
Donald Trump: If Congress tries to impeach, I'll go to the Supreme Court.
Gerald Ford: An "impeachable offense" is whatever the House says it is.
Tom Steyer: Trump & GOP systematically break the law & democratic norms.
Tom Steyer: Majority of Americans want Trump impeached and removed.
Colin Powell: First Amendment means the press can criticize the president.
Donald Trump: OpEd: 18-month investigation alleges $413M in tax fraud.
Donald Trump: Claimed father lent him $1M; actually lent him $60M.
Democratic Party: Sue Trump for conspiracy with Russia to win 2016 election.
Donald Trump: Sued by Democratic Party for 2016 Russia collusion.
Thomas Perez: Trump 2016 Russian collusion was unprecedented treachery.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Trump is dangerous because he isn't tethered to truth.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Trump demands loyalty, like a mob boss.
Donald Trump: OpEd:FBI believes Steele Dossier showed Russian interference.
Donald Trump: OpEd: FBI investigation of Hillary's email proves relevance.
Hillary Clinton: Email scandal: no evidence of obstruction of justice.
Hillary Clinton: Email scandal: FBI doesn't prosecute carelessness.
Hillary Clinton: Email scandal: October FBI letter lost election to Trump.
Jeff Flake: Impeachment appropriate is Trump fires Special Counsel.
Democratic Party: 2016: GOP obstructed Russia election interference probe.
Mike Conaway: 2016: Russia wanted Hillary loss; no preference on Trump win.
Tom Rooney: 2016: Russia wanted Hillary loss; but did not back Trump.
Trey Gowdy: 2016: Russia wanted Hillary loss; that's same as Trump win.
Democratic Party: 196 Congressional Dems sue Trump over Emoluments Clause.
Lindsey Graham: Investigate Steele dossier and how FBI handled it.
Adam Schiff: Firing FBI's Comey for hidden reasons is obstructing justice.
Al Green: Introduced motion to impeach Trump.
Cheri Bustos: Democrat from Trump-won district opposes impeachment.
Jerrold Nadler: Would lead impeachment committee very cautiously.
Steve Cohen: On impeachment: Russian collusion different from Clinton sex.
Andrew Yang: Press misrepresents how Trump got elected.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bernie Sanders: Deal with 500,000 people sleeping on streets, AND Trump.
The above quotations are from Speculation on Trump impeachment proceedings.
Related books and archives:
- Trump Administration comparison of promises made with promises kept
- Impeachment speculation and investigations against Donald Trump
- Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Loyalty, by James Comey (2018)
- Time to Get Tough, by Donald Trump (2011)
- Never Give Up, by Donald Trump (2008)
- How to Get Rich, by Donald Trump (2004)
- The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump (2000)
- The Art of the Deal, by Donald Trump (1993)
- Think Big: Make It Happen in Business and Life, by Donald Trump and Bill Zanker
- Trump 101: The Way to Success, by Donald Trump and Meredith McIver
- Trump: The Art of the Comeback, by Donald Trump and Kate Bohner