This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on defense spending
Source: PVS Survey
Project Vote Smart inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Defense: Do you support increasing defense spending?'
PVS self-description: "The Political Courage Test provides voters with positions on key issues. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the AFA survey question on "peace through strength" as a related survey question; the Christian Coalition survey question on grid security from a similar survey question; and the 2018 PVS survey question on cutting defense.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 15.
Question 15: Expand the military
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Homeland Security
- Headline: Pro-defense spending, according to PVS survey
- Headline 2: Anti-defense spending, according to PVS survey
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 20PVS-15
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: