Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of Ohio political races in The Cincinnati Enquirer
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Cincinnati Enquirer (number of quotes indicated):
- Dan Mongiardo (2) 2010 Dem. Challenger (lost primary); currently Lt. Gov. Kentucky
- Jane Timken (1) Republican Challenger Ohio
- JD Vance (1) Republican Senate Challenger Ohio
- Jim Bunning (2) Republican Jr Senator (retiring 2010) Kentucky
- Joe Biden (2) Democratic V.P.
- John Cranley (1) Ohio Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Kasich (2) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Josh Mandel (1) Former Republican Nominee (withdrew 2018) Ohio
- Mary Taylor (1) Ohio Republican candidate for Governor
- Matt Dolan (1)
- Nan Whaley (1) Ohio Democratic candidate for Ohio Governor
- P.G. Sittenfeld (6) Democratic Senate challenger Ohio
- Sherrod Brown (1) Democratic Sr Senator Ohio
- Ted Strickland (1) Ohio Former Democratic Governor (2006-2010)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Cincinnati Enquirer:
- On 2022_OH_Senate, "Opinion: US Senate race as much about the past as it is our future," by Matt Dolan, 9/9/21
- On 2022_OH_Governor race: "Analysis: John Cranley's wins, losses and draws in eight years as mayor," by Sharon Coolidge, 8/10/21
- Cincinnati Enquirer: "Joe Biden town hall CNN transcript," July 21, 2021
- On 2022 Ohio Senate race: "'Hillbilly Elegy' author J.D. Vance announces Senate bid," by Haley BeMiller and Jessie Balmert, July 1, 2021
- On 2022 Ohio Senate race: "Who Does J.D. Vance Think He's Fooling?," by Timothy Noah, May 27, 2021
- On 2022_OH_Senate, "Opinion: A nuclear Iran would pose an unacceptable threat," by Jane Timken, April 22, 2021
- The Cincinnati Enquirer, "Twitter temporarily restricts Ohio Senate candidate Josh Mandel over 'hateful conduct'," by Jessie Balmert, 3/18/21
- 2022 Ohio Senate race: "Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley has been a rock star. What's it mean for her future?," by Jason Williams, 8/8/19
- (On Sherrod Brown): The Cincinnati Enquirer OpEd for 2018 Ohio Senate race, 8/14/2018
- (On John Kasich & Ted Strickland): Cincinnati Enquirer on 2018 Ohio gubernatorial race, 7/30/2018
- (On Mary Taylor): Cincinnati Enquirer on 2018 Ohio governor race, 1/29/2018
- (On John Kasich): Cincinnati Enquirer on 2018 Ohio gubernatorial race, 12/23/2015
- (On P.G. Sittenfeld): OTI transcript of Cincinnati Enquirer: 2016 Ohio Senate race, 5/12/2015
- (On Dan Mongiardo & Jim Bunning): KY Senate Debate, in Cincinnati Enquirer, 10/11/2004
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Joe Biden: Spending bills will create opportunity & drive down prices.
Joe Biden: I'm tired of trickle down; build it out & up, not just down.
P.G. Sittenfeld: Trickle-down economics has not worked for vast majority.
Mary Taylor: Running-mate Nathan Estruth led anti-gay-rights campaign.
John Kasich: Spared 7 death-row inmates; executed 15 more.
Ted Strickland: Spared 5 death-row inmates; executed 17 more.
John Kasich: Ban the box: no criminal history check on job applications.
Jane Timken: I will always work to advance policies that weaken Iran.
P.G. Sittenfeld: Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.
Nan Whaley: Heal after Dayton shooting; but #DoSomething on gun control.
Dan Mongiardo: Push for cheaper drugs from Canada.
Jim Bunning: Mongiardo holds several pharmaceutical companiesí stocks.
Dan Mongiardo: Saddam is not my good friend.
Jim Bunning: Combined 22 federal agencies to make us more secure.
Josh Mandel: Suspended by Twitter for poll on crimes by "illegals".
P.G. Sittenfeld: Common-sense pathway to citizenship but not amnesty.
Principles & Values|
Matt Dolan: Need leader to oppose widening chasm of Democratic socialism.
John Cranley: Championed bringing soccer to city, built new stadium.
JD Vance: 2016: Trump makes people I care about afraid.
Sherrod Brown: Help working families instead of millionaires & corporations.
War & Peace|
P.G. Sittenfeld: Keep the conversation going with ISIS, including nukes.
P.G. Sittenfeld: Trust but verify with Iran; the alternative is war.
P.G. Sittenfeld: Supports targeted airstrikes against ISIS.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of Ohio political races in The Cincinnati Enquirer.