Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of New Jersey political races in The Bergen Record
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Bergen Record (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Bradley (1) Democratic Senator (Former) New Jersey
- Bret Schundler (2) Republican 2000 Candidate
- Chris Christie (2) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jack Ciattarelli (3) New Jersey Republican Challenger
- Jeff Bell (1) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Joe Kyrillos (3) Republican Challenger New Jersey
- Kim Guadagno (2) New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Murray Sabrin (1) Republican Senate Challenger New Jersey
- Phil Murphy (1) New Jersey Democratic 2021 Gubernatorial contender
- Ray Lesniak (2) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Robert Menendez (4) Democratic Jr Senator; previously Representative New Jersey
- Stephen Sweeney (1)
- Steve Fulop (1) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Thomas Kean Jr. (7) Former Republican challenger (2006) New Jersey
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Bergen Record:
- (On Kim Guadagno): Bergen Record on 2017 New Jersey governor race, 8/26/2017 & 8/30/2017
- (On Ray Lesniak): Bergen Record on New Jersey Senate voting records, 3/11/2016
- (On Steve Fulop, Chris Christie & Stephen Sweeney): Bergen Record on 2017 New Jersey gubernatorial race, 1/21/2016
- (On Ray Lesniak): Bergen Record on 2017 New Jersey governor's race, 12/13/2015
- (On Jeff Bell): The Bergen Record on 2014 New Jersey Senate race, 6/3/2014
- (On Joe Kyrillos & Robert Menendez): The Bergen Record on 2012 N.J. Senate debate, 10/14/2012
- (On Chris Christie): The Bergen Record, "Needed authority", 4/1/2011
- (On Murray Sabrin): 2008 Bergen Record re: 2014 N.J. Senate race, 5/11/2008
- (On Thomas Kean Jr.): Herb Jackson, Bergen Record, 5/1/2006
- (On Robert Menendez & Thomas Kean Jr.): Josh Gohlke in the Bergen Record and Herald News, 12/19/2005
- (On Bret Schundler): Herb Jackson, Bergen Record, 6/27/2001
- (On Bill Bradley): Bergen Record, p. A3, 12/31/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Joe Kyrillos: Pro-life in my affairs; pro-choice for society.
Robert Menendez: I'm pro-choice, not multiple-choice.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Supports embryonic stem cell research.
Budget & Economy|
Joe Kyrillos: Opposes Jon Corzine economic strategy.
Robert Menendez: Opposes Romney-Ryan budget plan.
Kim Guadagno: Won't criticize Republican with Confederate flag.
Kim Guadagno: Comfortable with LGBT but won't criticize ban.
Ray Lesniak: Change culture of corrections: limit solitary confinement.
Jack Ciattarelli: Drug epidemic should remain a priority.
Jack Ciattarelli: Re-balance over-funded vs/ under-funded school districts.
Chris Christie: Develop Liberty State Park to generate more revenue.
Stephen Sweeney: Stall development of Liberty State Park until Christie gone.
Steve Fulop: Stall development of Liberty State Park until Christie gone.
Ray Lesniak: Ban baiting of deer and bear during hunting.
Joe Kyrillos: Cut spending, taxes and job-killing regulations.
Chris Christie: More control over state commissions.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Menendez should give back dirty money.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Campaign-finance reform is signature issue in legislature.
Phil Murphy: Reduce maximum magazine size from 15 rounds to 10.
Jeff Bell: Debated who's most supportive of gun rights.
Bret Schundler: Opposes gun control.
Bill Bradley: Strengthen unionization laws & defend right-to-organize.
Principles & Values|
Thomas Kean Jr.: Family history for centuries as politicians.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Ran for US Congress in 2000 and lost in primary.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Appointed to both the state legislature and the state Senate.
Jack Ciattarelli: Top priorities: lower property tax, reform state tax code.
Bret Schundler: Lower tolls and taxes.
Robert Menendez: Helped promote NJ biotechnology and solar industries.
War & Peace|
Murray Sabrin: No involvement in Iraq's civil war.
Robert Menendez: Opposes the war in Iraq.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Supports war in Iraq but distances himself from Bush.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of New Jersey political races in The Bergen Record.