Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of IL political races in The Chicago Tribune
(Click for external website)
Articles from Chicago Tribune:
- 2022 Illinois Senate race: "Rep. Adam Kinzinger has battled Trump and his fellow Republicans. In deep blue Illinois, could that be a strategy for higher office?," by Rick Pearson, Dec 29, 2020
- "Duckworth to interview soon for Joe Biden's VP Pick," by Alice Yin & Bill Ruthhart, 5/15/2020
- "668,000 will lose food stamp benefits under new work rules," by Juliet Linderman, Dec 05, 2019
- On Chuy Garcia, Chicago Tribune coverage of 2018 IL-4 House race 3/13/2015 & 10/13/2018
- On Donald Trump, Chicago Tribune on 2018 Trump Administration 8/30/2018
- On Jeff Sessions, Chicago Tribune on 2018 Trump Administration 8/30/2018
- On Cynthia Nixon, Chicago Tribune on 2018 New York gubernatorial race 3/21/2018
- On Ameya Pawar, Chicago Tribune on 2018 Illinois gubernatorial race 8/24/2017
- On Daniel Biss, Chicago Tribune on 2018 Illinois gubernatorial race 3/20/2017
- On John Kasich, Chicago Tribune on Ohio legislative voting records 12/13/2016
- On Jill Stein, Stein OpEd, Chicago Tribune: Third 2016 Presidential Debate 10/20/2016
- On Donald Trump, Chicago Tribune Fact-check on First 2016 Presidential Debate 9/27/2016
- On Donald Trump, Trump Revealed, by Michael Kranish & Mark Fisher, p.299-300 8/23/2016
- On Eric Holcomb, Chicago Tribune on 2016 Indiana Senate race 11/10/2015
- On Andrea Zopp, Tammy Duckworth & Napoleon Harris, Chicago Tribune on 2016 Illinois Senate race 9/9/2015
- On Mike Pence, Chicago Tribune, "Indiana riverboat casinos" 5/8/2015
- On Sharon Hansen, Jim Oberweis & Dick Durbin, Chicago Tribune on 2014 Illinois Senate debate 10/13/2014
- On Jim Oberweis & Doug Truax, Chicago Tribune on 2014 Illinois GOP Senate primary debate 2/11/2014
- On Chuck Grassley & Roxanne Conlin, Chicago Tribune coverage of 2010 Iowa Senate debate 10/26/2010
- On Alexi Giannoulias, Chicago Tribune coverage of 2010 IL Senate debate 10/21/2010
- On Mark Kirk, Chicago Tribune coverage of 2010 IL Senate debate 10/21/2010
- On Russell Feingold & Ron Johnson, Chicago Tribune coverage of 2010 Wisconsin Senate debate 10/7/2010
- On Alexi Giannoulias, Chicago Tribune election coverage 2/2/2010
- On Joe Walsh, Chicago Tribune Editorial board questionnaire responses 2/2/2010
- On Steven Sauerberg & Dick Durbin, Illinois Senate Debate reported in the Chicago Tribune 10/7/2008
- On Dick Durbin & Steven Sauerberg, by Rick Pearson, Chicago Tribune 7/18/2008
- On John Roberts, Jan Crawford Greenburg, Chicago Tribune 7/21/2005
- On James Durkin, Chicago Tribune, “Durkin, Durbin disagree on Iraq” 9/16/2002
- On Wesley Clark, Michael Kilian, Chicago Tribune 8/14/2002
- On Gary Johnson, V. Dion Haynes, Chicago Tribune, p. 6 4/9/2001
- On Elizabeth Dole, Chicago Tribune, 4/10/99
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mark Curran: Opposed partial-birth abortion.
Daniel Biss: Criticized governor for attempt to ban abortion.
John Kasich: Ban abortions after 20 weeks; but no "heartbeat bill".
John Kasich: Require abortion clinics to have nearby hospital & doctor.
Dick Durbin: Abortion is a private decision.
Steven Sauerberg: Provide women with an alternatives to abortion.
Elizabeth Dole: No litmus test for judiciary appointments.
Budget & Economy|
Ron Johnson: $184B stimulus drove the country deeper into debt.
Cynthia Nixon: History of pro-gay rights with established credibility.
Ameya Pawar: Rename Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day.
Eric Holcomb: Supportive of the LGBT community: zero discrimination.
Jim Oberweis: Corporations go overseas when taxes & governments bully them.
Sharon Hansen: Lower corporate tax rates prevent companies going overseas.
Eddie Melton: Restore state scholarship eligibility to felony offenders.
Gary Johnson: War on Drugs is a miserable failure; $6M for treatment.
Eddie Melton: Reduce private school vouchers; increase teacher pay.
Donald Trump: Skeptical of use of affirmative action in college admissions.
Jeff Sessions: Harvard misuses affirmative action in college admissions.
Joe Walsh: Eliminate teacher tenure & favor teacher accountability.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Walsh: Low-cost energy sources is vital to our economy.
Wesley Clark: US energy overuse causes worldwide resentment.
Napoleon Harris: Shift focus of foreign aid from Mideast back to the Americas.
Doug Truax: End Obama's "lead from behind" approach to foreign policy.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: yes, Ford plant in Mexico, but no U.S. job cuts.
Russell Feingold: Protect jobs from being shipped abroad via free trade.
Daniel Biss: Political system favors billionaires & machine politicians.
Jill Stein: We need ranked-choice voting in presidential elections.
Chuy Garcia: Implement financial and performance audits.
Mark Curran: Focus on mental health & video games, not guns.
Daniel Biss: Criticized governor for attempt to repeal ObamaCare.
Ron Johnson: Running for Senate based on fierce opposition to Obamacare.
Russell Feingold: Brags about having voted for Obamacare.
Joe Walsh: Opposed to government sponsored health care system.
Dick Durbin: Large-scale expansion of taxpayer-subsidized coverage.
Steven Sauerberg: Vouchers to make health care portable and less job-dependent.
Joe Walsh: Keep prisoners at Guantanamo; try them in military tribunals.
Joe Walsh: All provisions of the Patriot Act should be renewed.
Dick Durbin: Apologizes for comparing Guantanamo to Nazis & Soviet gulags.
Steven Sauerberg: Ultraliberals hate America; focus on patriotism.
Mark Curran: Backed bipartisan legislation with path for citizenship.
Daniel Biss: Criticized governor for attempt to curb immigration.
Eric Holcomb: I won't be xenophobic on immigration policy.
Doug Truax: First secure the border, then no comprehensive reform.
Jim Oberweis: Visas for illegal immigrants, but no path to citizenship.
Dick Durbin: Raise minimum wage to $10.10 & same pay regardless of gender.
Jim Oberweis: Minimum wage of $10 (and less for those under age 24).
Sharon Hansen: No minimum wage; & no set pay based on gender.
Ron Johnson: Proven record of creating jobs at his private company.
Russell Feingold: $184B stimulus created jobs, especially highway construction.
Principles & Values|
Jill Stein: Greens overcame ballot laws designed by Democrats and GOP.
Jill Stein: Majority of Americans want a four-party debate.
Chuck Grassley: My re-election ensures Iowa is not denied Senate seniority.
Roxanne Conlin: Republicans only offer more of the same.
Alexi Giannoulias: Accuses Kirk of economic treason for fundraising in China.
Mark Kirk: Raised $6,000 from 12 U.S. citizen businessmen in China.
John Roberts: Volunteer adviser to Bush in 2000 Florida post-election.
Chuy Garcia: Social Security is essential but needs wage limits increased.
Daniel Biss: Alter public employee pensions to reduce state pension debt.
Joe Walsh: Gradually raising the retirement age beyond 67.
Alexi Giannoulias: Gradual fixes: raising the cap; phase-down benefits for rich.
Joe Walsh: Individuals set aside portion of own income for retirement.
Daniel Biss: Initiate a state graduated income tax.
Joe Walsh: Reduced tax rates will increase economic activity.
Mike Pence: Riverboat gambling ok, but no electronic wagering.
War & Peace|
Andrea Zopp: Supports the Iran nuclear deal.
Tammy Duckworth: Iran is our enemy, but nuclear deal prevents Iranian nukes.
Joe Walsh: Provide the troops needed in Afghanistan, like Iraqi surge.
James Durkin: Remove Saddam Hussein, with US troops if needed.
Welfare & Poverty|
Joe Walsh: Abolish Fannie Mae; too much focus on home ownership.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of IL political races in The Chicago Tribune.