Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles on TheDailyBeast.com
(Click for external website)
Articles in The Daily Beast:
- The Daily Beast, "Rashida Tlaib's State of the Union Response to Biden Is a Gift to the GOP," by Eleanor Clift, March 1, 2022
- On 2021_VA_Gov: "Glenn Youngkin's Complicated History on Critical Race Theory," by Roger Sollenberger, Oct. 12, 2021
- On 2022 Georgia Governor race: "The Motley Crew Dying to Send Georgia Back to 'Stop the Steal' Hell," by Adam Rawnsley & Kelly Weill, May 21, 2021
- On January 6th, "Chris Christie: 'If Inciting to Insurrection' Isn't Impeachable, 'I Don't Really Know What Is'," by Justin Baragona, Jan. 10, 2021
- On 2022 Georgia Governor race: "Stacey Abrams Will Run for Governor Again, Allies Say," by Hanna Trudo, Nov. 12, 2020
- "Donald Trump Takes Coronavirus So Seriously He Just Put Mike Pence in Charge," by Erin Banco & Asawin Suebsaeng, Feb. 26, 2020
- "Deval Patrick Got Paid as Homeowners Lost Their Homes," by Aaron Glantz, Nov. 24, 2019
- "How Mayor Pete Buttigieg Helped Prepare Immigrants for ICE Raids," by Scott Bixby, 08.14.19
- "Gillibrand to Colbert: I'm Going to Run," by Gideon Resnick, 01.15.19
- On 2018 Georgia Governor race: "Stacey Abrams Won't Acknowledge Brian Kemp as Legitimate Governor," Nov. 18, 2018
- (On Ayanna Pressley & Michael Capuano): The Daily Beast on 2018 Massachusetts 7th House race, 9/2/2018
- "Senators Urge Trump Administration to Counter Chinese Meddling in Democracies," by Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian, Jun. 11, 2018
- (On Chris Sununu): The Daily Beast on New Hampshire voting record HB 1319, 3/7/2018
- "Stormy Daniels Situation 'Very Troubling'," by Mark Sanford, 03.07.18
- (On Chelsea Manning): The Daily Beast on 2018 Maryland Senate race, 5/16/2017
- (On Mo Brooks & Roy Moore): TheDailyBeast.com coverage of 2017 Alabama Senate race, 8/15/2017
- "GOP Rep, Trump Supporter: Release Your Tax Returns," by Mark Sanford, 08.15.16
- (On 2020 Veepstakes): "NH's Dem Guv Says No to Syrian Refugees," by Betsy Swan, Nov. 16, 2015
- (On Sharron Angle): TheDailyBeast on 2015 Conservative Political Action Conf., 3/1/2015
- (On Carly Fiorina): TheDailyBeast.com: 2015 Conservative Political Action Conf., 2/26/2015
- (On Sam Brownback): TheDailyBeast.com, "Regress on LGBT", 2/19/2015
- (On Thomas Ravenel): TheDailyBeast blog on 2014 South Carolina Senate race, 7/4/2014
- (On Jeb Bush): Peter Beinart in The Daily Beast, 3/11/2013
- (On Richard Carmona): TheDailyBeast.com coverage of 2012 Arizona Senate debate, 5/19/2012
- (On Elizabeth Warren): The Daily Beast, "I created Occupy Wall Street", 10/24/2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Howard Schultz: Pro-choice advocate for all of my life.
Budget & Economy|
Thomas Ravenel: Federal spending is headed for a doomsday scenario.
Chris Sununu: Gender identity non-discrimination in employment & housing.
Mo Brooks: Defend blaming "many sides" for white supremacist violence.
Roy Moore: OpEd: Lukewarm condemnation of white supremacist violence.
Roy Moore: Defend blaming "many sides" for white supremacist violence.
Sam Brownback: Rescinded executive order on LGBT job protection.
Thomas Ravenel: Stay out of marriage, but if not, treat gays equally.
Deval Patrick: Served on board of corporate parent of predatory lender.
Ayanna Pressley: Supports message & action of NFL players kneeling in protest.
Michael Capuano: Supports message but not action of NFL players kneeling.
Rashida Tlaib: Biden should use executive power to cancel student loan debt.
Glenn Youngkin: We've got to get critical race theory out of the schools.
Energy & Oil|
Howard Schultz: Green New Deal is well-intended but too extreme.
Families & Children|
Elizabeth Warren: Talk about families from perspective of mother & grandmother.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
Chris Coons: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
Cory Gardner: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
Elizabeth Warren: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
Carly Fiorina: Advised CIA on Russian affairs after 2007.
Kandiss Taylor: Demands "audit" of 2020 Georgia election results.
Chris Christie: If inciting an insurrection isn't impeachable, what is?
Stacey Abrams: Fair Fight Georgia helped Biden and Democratic Senate.
Mark Sanford: Trump not releasing returns hurts democracy's transparency.
Joe Biden: Supports national mask mandate.
Mike Pence: Smoking doesn't kill; 90% of smokers don't get lung cancer.
Chelsea Manning: Expand healthcare to include prisoners & transgenders.
Thomas Ravenel: I want a military that defends America, not Germany or Japan.
Pete Buttigieg: Set up program for undocumented, alert system for ICE raids.
Ayanna Pressley: No compromise: no funding for border wall.
Maggie Hassan: Stop allowing Syrian refugees into the US.
Thomas Ravenel: Robust worker visa program, plus anything else reasonable.
Principles & Values|
Glenn Youngkin: Firm offered matching gifts for social justice donations.
Deval Patrick: I never left my conscience at the company door.
Howard Schultz: Vast majority of Americans aren't going to embrace socialism.
Stacey Abrams: Election loss: Something being legal does not make it right.
Ayanna Pressley: Support progressive legislation with activist leadership.
Mark Sanford: Trump's payoff to porn star "deeply troubling".
Lincoln Chafee: Voted for Bush41 in 2004 as protest against Bush43.
Sharron Angle: Hosts Conservative Commandos: "Believe in the Constitution".
Carly Fiorina: Started "Unlock Your Potential PAC" in 2014.
Richard Carmona: 1999: shot and mortally wounded a deranged murderer.
Richard Carmona: Classified as disabled veteran from Vietnam wounds.
Richard Carmona: Of Puerto Rican descent; grew up poor in Harlem.
Elizabeth Warren: Created intellectual foundation for Occupy Wall Street.
War & Peace|
Lincoln Chafee: Iraq war was on hawks' wish list; feared another Vietnam.
Thomas Ravenel: Republicans are pro-invading this or that country.
Jeb Bush: OpEd: Not distancing himself from brother's Afghan policy.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles on TheDailyBeast.com.