Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of nationwide 2020s political races in The Washington Post
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Washington Post 2020s (number of quotes indicated):
- Amanda Chase (1) Virginia Republican candidate for governor of Virginia
- Amy Klobuchar (1) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (1) New York Democratic candidate for NYC Mayor
- Bernie Sanders (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Creigh Deeds (1) Virginia Democrat Challenger (2009)
- Danielle Allen (1) Massachusetts Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- David Perdue (1) Republican challenger Georgia
- Elizabeth Warren (2) Massachusetts Senator
- Howard Schultz (2) Starbucks CEO; independent for President (suspended)
- Jeff Flake (3) Republican Challenger (retiring) Arizona
- Jennifer Carroll Foy (1) Virginia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jennifer McClellan (1) Virginia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Joe Biden (7) Democratic V.P.
- Joe Walsh (1) Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John B. King (2) Maryland Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Justin Amash (3) Michigan Libertarian Presidential Challenger
- Justin Fairfax (2) Virginia Virginia Democratic Governor
- Lee Carter (1) Virginia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mark Sanford (1) South Carolina Republican Presidential contender
- Mike Pence (1) Indiana Republican Vice President
- Pete Buttigieg (2) Indiana DOT Secretary
- Ralph Northam (1) Virginia Democratic Governor
- Terry McAuliffe (1) Virginia Democratic Challenger
- Tom Steyer (1) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
- Val Demings (2) Democratic Challenger Florida
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Washington Post on races in the 2020s:
- (On 2021 Virginia Governor's race): "Diverse field of Democratic candidates for Virginia governor faces off in debate," by Gregory S. Schneider, April 6, 2021
- (On 2022 FL Senate race): "Transcript: A Conversation with Rep. Val Demings," Feb. 2, 2021
- (On 2021 Virginia Governor's race): "Republican contender for Va. governor says Trump should declare martial law," by Laura Vozzella, Dec. 15, 2020
- (On H.R.6210): "Apple is lobbying against a bill aimed at stopping forced labor in China," by Reed Albergotti, November 20, 2020
- (On Bernie Sanders & Elizabeth Warren): excerpts of 8th Democrat 2020 primary debate Feb 8, 2020
- (On Mark Sanford, Bill Weld & Joe Walsh): on 2020 presidential hopefuls Sep 13, 2019
- (On Justin Amash): OpEd by 2020 Presidential hopefuls Jul 4, 2019
- (On Pete Buttigieg): on 2020 Democratic primary Mar 29, 2019
- (On Mike Pence): on 2020 Veepstakes Mar 4, 2019
- (On Creigh Deeds & Ralph Northam): on 2020 Virginia voting record Feb 17, 2019
- (On Joe Biden): OpEd in Washington Post, Jun 25, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Lee Carter: Put economic power into the hands of working people.
John B. King: Great-grandfather enslaved; must grapple with racial equity.
Joe Biden: 1970s: Desegregating society ok, but not via school busing.
Joe Biden: 1990s: Supported tough-on-crime; 2019:considers those racist.
John B. King: Expand education access; seek universal preschool.
Joe Biden: 1970s: outspoken Senate critic of school desegregation.
Families & Children|
Elizabeth Warren: Real money into schools & housing, to fight child poverty.
Joe Biden: Focus on our children, to address child poverty.
Joe Biden: $750M to Central America to address root cause of migration.
Joe Biden: Revive Alliance for Prosperity with Central America.
Jennifer McClellan: Worked to create Virginia Voting Rights Act.
Justin Fairfax: Opponents accepted "false" accusation, no due process.
Val Demings: Members of extremist groups shouldn't be in police, military.
Amanda Chase: If Trump not made president, declare martial law.
David Perdue: OpEd: Refusal to debate seemed lordly and dismissive.
Bernie Sanders: Wealthy donors turn their backs on working families.
Elizabeth Warren: FactCheck: prolific past presence with high-dollar donors.
Terry McAuliffe: Promises to ban assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.
Creigh Deeds: Postpone ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Ralph Northam: Ban assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Justin Fairfax: Cast tiebreaking vote for Medicaid expansion.
Howard Schultz: Single-payer health care is a false promise.
Howard Schultz: Hire 10,000 refugees from Trump's Muslim-ban countries.
Joe Biden: Focus on refugee asylum seekers at home in Northern Triangle.
Principles & Values|
Danielle Allen: Will bring experience from academia to governing.
Jeff Flake: Without principled fidelity to truth, democracy won't last.
Jeff Flake: Today's GOP: where there's no greater offense than honesty.
Jeff Flake: We did not become a great nation by espousing nonsense.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: I don't have to empathize, because I understand.
Val Demings: Being unified nation doesn't mean giving up beliefs.
Bill Weld: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Joe Walsh: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Mark Sanford: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Justin Amash: Father immigrated as Palestinian refugee.
Justin Amash: I've disenchanted and frightened by hyperpartisanship.
Justin Amash: Leaving the Republican Party to avoid partisan death spiral.
Pete Buttigieg: Supports religious values and separation of church and state.
Mike Pence: Adversaries have weaponized space; solution is Space Force.
Welfare & Poverty|
Amy Klobuchar: Eradicate child poverty in a generation.
Andrew Yang: Disentangle economic value and human value.
Pete Buttigieg: Dow Jones doesn't measure performance of economy.
Tom Steyer: Think much more ambitiously about poverty and how to end it.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of nationwide 2020s political races in The Washington Post.