Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Missouri House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from MO legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Koster (1) Missouri Democratic challenger for Governor
- Eric Greitens (1) Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Gary Perry (1) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jason Kander (5) Democratic Senate candidate Missouri
- Jay Nixon (4) Missouri Democratic Governor (term-limited 2016)
- Jim Neely (8) Missouri Republican candidate for governor
- Josh Hawley (1) Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Matt Blunt (1) Missouri Former Republican Governor (retired 2008)
- Nicole Galloway (1) Missouri Democratic candidate for governor
- Peter Kinder (1) Missouri Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Missouri state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- MO-D Scott Sifton - 2022 Senate candidate
Member of the Missouri Senate, 1st district, 2013--2020
Member of the Missouri House of Representatives, 96th district, 2011--2012
- MO-D Nicole Galloway - 2020 Candidate for Governor
State Auditor since 2015
- MO-R Jim Neely - 2020 Candidate for Governor
Member of the Missouri House, 8th district, 2013-2020
- MO-R Catherine Hanaway - 2016 Candidate for Governor
United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri, 2005-2009
Speaker of the Missouri House of Representatives 2002-2004
Member of the Missouri House of Representatives, 87th district, 1999-2004
- MO-D Jason Kander - Secretary of State of Missouri and Senate candidate 2016
Member of the Missouri House of Representatives from the 44th district 2009 – 2013
- MO-D Chris Koster, Missouri Democratic challenger for Governor
Member of the Missouri Senate, 31st district, Jan. 2005-Jan. 2009
- MO-D Jay Nixon , Missouri Democratic Governor (term-limited 2016)
Member of the Missouri Senate, Jan. 7, 1987-Jan. 11, 1993
- MO-R Josh Hawley , 2018 Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
42nd Attorney General of Missouri, Jan. 9, 2017-Jan. 3, 2019
- MO-R Matt Blunt , Missouri Former Republican Governor (retired 2008)
Member of the Missouri House of Representatives , 139th District, 1999-2000
- MO-R Peter Kinder , Missouri Republican challenger for Governor
46th Lieutenant Governor of Missouri, Jan. 10, 2005-Jan. 9, 2017
President pro tempore of the Missouri Senate, Feb. 5, 2001-Jan. 5, 2005
Member of the Missouri Senate, 27th district, Jan. 6, 1993-Jan. 5, 2005
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nicole Galloway: Abortion ban gives new rights & opportunities to rapists.
Josh Hawley: New abortion restrictions protects women.
Gary Perry: Proposed porn blockers on devices; pay to opt out.
Jim Neely: Let courts reduce life-without-parole to include parole.
Jim Neely: Death penalty too easy; force perverts to do hard labor.
Jim Neely: Legalize medical marijuana for debilitating diseases.
Jay Nixon: Drug testing for welfare recipients.
Jason Kander: Drug testing for welfare recipients.
Jason Kander: Expand charter schools to cities & poor-performing districts.
Jason Kander: Expand charter schools, plus more sponsorship options.
Jay Nixon: Allow expanding charter schools to poor-performing districts.
Families & Children|
Jim Neely: Require insurance companies to cover fertility preservation.
Jim Neely: Introduced comprehensive foster care bill.
Jim Neely: Outlaw "revenge porn," but don't blame broadband providers.
Jim Neely: Co-sponsored bill restoring voting rights of released felons.
Matt Blunt: Eliminate campaign donation disclosure for small town races.
Chris Koster: Eliminate campaign donation disclosure for small town races.
Jason Kander: Keep restrictions for concealed carry; don't loosen them.
Eric Greitens: Right to work: Allow workers to opt out of joining a union.
Jay Nixon: Blocked "right-to-work" laws; enforce union organizing.
Principles & Values|
Peter Kinder: Amend constitution to protect religious liberties.
Jay Nixon: Establish contributory retirement system for state employees.
Jason Kander: Establish contributory retirement system for state employees.
Jim Neely: Reduce sales tax on tampons and pads.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Koster Missouri Democratic challenger for Governor
- Eric Greitens Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Gary Perry Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jason Kander Democratic Senate candidate Missouri
- Jay Nixon Missouri Democratic Governor (term-limited 2016)
- Jim Neely Missouri Republican candidate for governor
- Josh Hawley Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Matt Blunt Missouri Former Republican Governor (retired 2008)
- Nicole Galloway Missouri Democratic candidate for governor
- Peter Kinder Missouri Republican challenger for Governor
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Missouri House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- SB 600: The Missouri Times, "Missouri's controversial crime bill, explained," by Cameron Gerber, June 25, 2020
- KMOV-TV CBS-4, "Proposal to reduce sales tax on tampons and pads moves to Missouri Senate," Mar 4, 2020
- BillTrack50 Missouri bill sponsorships (Jim Neely), 3/5/2020
- Ballotpedia Missouri bill sponsorships (State Rep. Jim Neely), 1/23-1/30/2020
- HB 126: Vox.com, "Missouriâ€™s 8-week abortion ban blocked by court," by Anna North, Aug 27, 2019
- St. Louis Riverfront Times on SB.816, death penalty, (State Rep. Jim Neely), 5/17/2019
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Missouri's new abortion law is a travesty for women," (HB 126), by Nicole Galloway, Jun 3, 2019
- Kansas City Star, "Should felons have voting rights restored once they're released from prison?," (Op-Ed on HB.508), 2/17/19
- KY3-Springfield, "Missouri lawmakers focused on foster care, sales taxes and Gov. Greitens," by Justin Corr, May 06, 2018
- Riverfront Times, "Missouri Legislators Want to Block Your Online Porn Access," (HB 2422), by Sarah Fenske, Mar 13, 2018
- Reuters on Missouri SB5, on abortion restrictions, (Josh Hawley), 10/24/2017
- The Hill on Missouri SB19, on opt out of joining a union, (Eric Greitens & Jay Nixon), 2/2/2017
- St. Louis Riverfront Times, "Republican's Bill to Abolish Death Penalty Gets Hearing Today," by Danny Wicentowski, Jan 19, 2016
- Missouri S.B. 576, on charter schools, (Jason Kander & Jay Nixon), 5/15/2012
- Missouri HB 73, on drug testing for welfare, (Jason Kander & Jay Nixon), 7/12/2011
- Missouri HB 1, on contributory retirement, (Jason Kander & Jay Nixon), 7/19/2010
- InsuranceJournal.com, "Montana Lawmakers Debate Insurance Gender Discrimination," by Matt Gouras, (re: MT State Sen. Gary Perry) January 29, 2009
- Missouri SB 1038, on campaign donation disclosure, (Chris Koster & Matt Blunt), 5/29/2008