Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Wisconsin Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 WI Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Mandela Barnes (5) Democratic Senate candidate Wisconsin
- Ron Johnson (1) Republican Sr Senator Wisconsin
- Sarah Godlewski (4) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
- Tammy Baldwin (4) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
- Tom Nelson (7) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Wisconsin Senate debates and race coverage:
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson embraces underdog role in his 2022 run for U.S. Senate," by Bill Glauber, 4/30/21
- The Madison Capital Times, "Tom Nelson's urgent argument for a politics of social solidarity," by John Nichols, Apr 27, 2021
- Wisconsin State Journal (Madison.com), "Sarah Godlewski says Ron Johnson represents 'McCarthyism 2.0'," by John Nichols, 4/20/21
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "State Treasurer Sarah Godlewski hits the campaign trail in Wisconsin's U.S. Senate race," by Bill Glauber, April 19, 2021
- CNN.com, "Wisconsin Treasurer jumps into crowded Democratic Senate primary as Ron Johnson freezes GOP field," by Alex Rogers and Manu Raju, April 14, 2021
- Meet the Press interview of Sen. Ron Johnson, January 3, 2021
- Wisconsin State Journal, "Time to listen and lead," by Sarah Godlewski, Nov 16, 2020
- The Capital Times, "Why Tom Nelson is launching a 2022 U.S. Senate bid before the 2020 campaign is finished," by John Nichols, Oct 26, 2020
- Think Progress, "Democrats unveil tax plan that, unlike GOP's, would actually help working families," by Rebekah Entralgo, 10/6/2017
- (More race coverage soon in the coming months...)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Sarah Godlewski: We can help people get back to work, small businesses.
Tom Nelson: US should develop a national industrial strategy.
Tom Nelson: Racism short-circuited establishing US labor-based party.
Mandela Barnes: Critical of racial disparities in police actions.
Tammy Baldwin: Criminal justice system needs review to ensure fairness.
Tammy Baldwin: Urges funding to help at-risk students' access to education.
Families & Children|
Tammy Baldwin: Treatment foster care helps kids stay out of institutions.
Mandela Barnes: Fighting to protect democracy and right to vote.
Tom Nelson: He calls out the toxic influence of money in politics.
Ron Johnson: Voter fraud not quackery; need hearings and investigations.
Tom Nelson: We need the Right-to-Vote Constitutional Amendment.
Mandela Barnes: Has advocated for tighter gun control laws.
Sarah Godlewski: Clear we've got a gun violence problem in this country.
Tom Nelson: Backs Medicare for All.
Tom Nelson: Strengthen unions, recognize importance of labor movement.
Sarah Godlewski: Raise the minimum wage, end the filibuster.
Principles & Values|
Mandela Barnes: Hit for overdue property taxes & unpaid parking tickets.
Mandela Barnes: We have to lead with our values and vision: change the game.
Sarah Godlewski: There's so much more that connects us rather than divides us.
Tom Nelson: If local official took on COVID, we can take on anything.
Tammy Baldwin: Tax plan that rewards hard work.
The above quotations are from 2022 Wisconsin Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)