Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NE Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Krist (4) Nebraska Democratic Candidate for governor of Nebraska
- Carol Blood (6) Nebraska Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Chuck Herbster (13) Nebraska Republican challenger for Governor
- Peter Ricketts (2) Nebraska Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Lincoln Journal-Star, "Lincoln's transgender community predicted it'd be target of fairness ordinance opponents," by Margaret Reist, Feb 27, 2022
- Norfolk Daily News, "Omahan working to get to know as many Nebraskans as she can," by Jerry Guenther, Feb 10, 2022
- Grand Island Independent, "Immigration, labor, taxes are hot topics of Republican gubernatorial forum," by Robert Pore, Dec 6, 2021
2022_NE_Gov and Media_NE_Omaha
- Omaha World-Herald, "Four Nebraska GOP gubernatorial candidates appear at town hall," by Dan Crisler, Nov 13, 2021
- Kearney Hub, "Republican, Charles Herbster, buoyed by Trump's backing says he'll be great governor," by Mike Konz, Nov 2, 2021
- The Gateway (U. Nebraska-Omaha), "State Sen. Carol Blood Enters the Race for Governor of Nebraska," by Hannah Michelle Bussa, Sep 23, 2021
- Nebraska Democrats, "Campaign Announcement Speech, by Carol Blood, Sept. 13, 2021
- Lincoln Journal Star:"Republican gubernatorial candidate endorses new state consumption tax," by Don Walton, May 4, 2021
- Politico, "Bad blood: Pro-Trump megadonors duke it out in Cornhusker country," by Alex Isenstadt, 05/04/2021
- News Channel Nebraska, "Nebraska gubernatorial candidate highlights agricultural roots, Trump connection in campaign," by Elic Chisam, April 29, 2021
- Scottsbluff Star-Herald, "Gubernatorial candidate Charles Herbster visits area with Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway," by Justin Garcia, Apr 28, 2021
- Omaha World-Herald, "Charles Herbster, who may run for Nebraska governor, was at Trump rally before Capitol violence," by Aaron Sanderford, Jan 6, 2021
- Letter from Five Republican governors in Washington Post: "Our states stayed open in the covid-19 pandemic. Here's why our approach worked," by Governors Mark Gordon, Pete Ricketts, Asa Hutchinson, Kim Reynolds and Mike Parson, May 5, 2020
- CNN 2020 "State of the Union" interview of Gov. Mike DeWine, Pete Ricketts, and Nancy Pelosi, March 29, 2020
- The Lincoln Journal-Star, "Bob Krist employs grassroots campaign to try to unseat Ricketts," by JoAnne Young, Oct 27, 2018
- The Omaha World-Herald, "Governor candidate Bob Krist says state should spend more on Nebraska job training," by Roseann Moring, Jul 19, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Carol Blood: It's not appropriate to make our bodies political.
Chuck Herbster: Contributed to a pro-death penalty initiative.
Carol Blood: We need a prison system that helps reform individuals.
Bob Krist: Repeal death penalty, might make exception for treason.
Chuck Herbster: There's zero place for CRT in the schools of Nebraska.
Carol Blood: New approach to student debt should start at beginning.
Energy & Oil|
Carol Blood: It's time for timely action, not just words.
Chuck Herbster: America is broke, and the answer is term limits.
Chuck Herbster: Conservatives have to push against federal overreach.
Chuck Herbster: Supports Trump's claim of 2020 election irregularities.
Chuck Herbster: The choice to be vaccinated is personal.
Peter Ricketts: Kept state "open for business" during pandemic.
Peter Ricketts: Patients can be transferred if rural hospitals not prepared.
Chuck Herbster: Undocumented immigrants primarily bad people.
Chuck Herbster: Got to build damn wall, those people are coming to Nebraska.
Chuck Herbster: We got to build a damn wall; can't let everybody come in.
Bob Krist: Budget $25-35 million to prioritize job training.
Principles & Values|
Chuck Herbster: God protects us because we protect Israel.
Carol Blood: Stop using political labels instead of friends and neighbors.
Carol Blood: I see myself as a Nebraskan running for office in Nebraska.
Chuck Herbster: Would never back away from support, loyalty for Trump.
Chuck Herbster: Attended Jan. 6 Trump rally; left before insurrection.
Bob Krist: Changed parties, not important what letter was behind name.
Chuck Herbster: Constitutional amendment to replace state income tax.
Bob Krist: The farmland assessment process is broken.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Krist Nebraska Democratic Candidate for governor of Nebraska
- Carol Blood Nebraska Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Chuck Herbster Nebraska Republican challenger for Governor
- Peter Ricketts Nebraska Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: