Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Michigan Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 MI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Garrett Soldano (1) Michigan Republican Challenger
- Gretchen Whitmer (5) Michigan Democratic Governor
- James Craig (17) Michigan Republican challenger for Governor
- Tudor Dixon (20) Michigan Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Michigan Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CNN Politics, "4 takeaways from the Michigan governor debate between Gretchen Whitmer and Tudor Dixon," by Eric Bradner, October 25, 2022, (Link)
- Fox News Politics, "Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signals opposition to COVID vaccine for children," by Haris Alic, October 25, 2022, (Link)
- Bridge Michigan, "Tudor Dixon: What to know about the Republican taking on Michigan Gov. Whitmer," by Zahra Ahmad, Jonathan Oosting, & Yue Stella Yu, August 2, 2022
- Daily Wire, "Michigan GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Tudor Dixon: I'll Criminalize Involving 'Children In Drag Shows'," by Ryan Saavedra, Jun 5, 2022
- Detroit Metro Times, "James Craig says he supports abortion ban in secret recording," by Steve Neavling, Sep 21, 2021
- Detroit Metro Times, "James Craig's 'official' campaign launch was a complete clusterf—k," by Lee DeVito, Sep 15, 2021
- FOX News: The Story, "Detroit police chief on anti-law enforcement sentiment in America," September 14, 2020
- The Holland Sentinel, "Former Detroit police chief Craig pitches Grand Rapids on 2022 Michigan governor run," by Arpan Lobo, Sept. 14, 2021
- CBS News: Full transcript of "Face the Nation": interview of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, moderated by Margaret Brennan, June 26, 2022, (Link)
- Washington Examiner, "James Craig: Whitmer has made it all about her," by Salena Zito, August 23, 2021
- Huron Daily Tribune, "Gubernatorial candidate Garrett Soldano appears in Bad Axe," by Robert Creenan, Aug. 18, 2021
- FOX News, "James Craig calls out Democrats who want to defund police: Hire social workers as your private security," July 26, 2021
- The Epoch Times, "'I'm Running' for Governor of Michigan: Ex-Detroit Police Chief," by Isabel van Brugen, July 22, 2021
- FOX News: Tucker Carlson Tonight, "Tucker investigates Fulton County election incident," July 14, 2021
- Deadline Detroit, "James Craig, Politician: 10 Takeaways From The Ex-Detroit Chief's GOP Birthday Speech," by Violet Ikonomova, July 06, 2021
- NBC News, "Trump's influence on Republicans faces key test in Michigan," by Henry J. Gomez, June 19, 2021
- Grand Rapids MLive.com, "New nonprofit teases possible gubernatorial run from conservative media personality Tudor Dixon," by Emily Lawler and Malachi Barrett, May 07, 2021
- The Detroit News: "James Craig will challenge Whitmer for governor," by George Hunter, Nolan Finley & Christine Ferretti, May 7, 2021
- National Review, "Mich. Gov. Orders State Employees to Conduct 'Implicit Bias Training'," by Zachary Evans, August 5, 2020
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of Gretchen Whitmer, April 19, 2020
- World Net Daily, "Governor sued for allowing abortion but suspending 1st Amendment during pandemic," April 5, 2020
- Fox News Sunday interview, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, 3/22/2020
- The Detroit News, "Group wants Detroit police to stop holding graduations in churches," by George Hunter, Jan. 1, 2020
- The Detroit Free Press, "Whitmer off to Israel on her first trade mission as Michigan governor," by Carol Cain, Nov. 17, 2019
- Middle East Eye, "US Democratic candidates face pressure to endorse anti-boycott laws," by Ali Harb, 19 September 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tudor Dixon: Endorsed by Right to Life of Michigan PAC.
James Craig: Supports 1931 state abortion ban still on the books.
James Craig: Gave a "thumbs up" to being pro-life.
Gretchen Whitmer: Abortion clinics deemed "essential" during pandemic shutdown.
Budget & Economy|
Tudor Dixon: Find new ways to fund critical infrastructure and roads.
James Craig: Established LGBTQ outreach from Detroit police.
James Craig: I rose to the ranks; nobody gave me anything.
Tudor Dixon: Fully fund law enforcement; oppose cash bail reform.
James Craig: Defund police? Hire a social worker for your security detail.
James Craig: The vast majority of American police officers do it right.
James Craig: Bail reform is the enemy to trying to reduce violent crime.
Tudor Dixon: Ban born boys from girls' teams in gender-specific sports.
Tudor Dixon: Develop curriculum focusing on America's founding principles.
Tudor Dixon: Let parents choose education environment for their child.
Tudor Dixon: Protect kids from critical race theory, trans ideology.
James Craig: Parents deserve school choice; led to his conservatism.
Families & Children|
Tudor Dixon: Would criminalize involving children in drag shows.
James Craig: UN should investigate Cuba, not the US.
Gretchen Whitmer: Supports anti-boycott bill against anti-Israel BDS movement.
Gretchen Whitmer: Important to continue traveling to Israel to support trade.
Tudor Dixon: Cut, reduce, or streamline 40% of regulatory code in 4 years.
Tudor Dixon: Enact strong Voter ID, ban drop boxes.
James Craig: Called for forensic audit of 2020 Michigan election results.
Tudor Dixon: Supports claims that 2020 election was stolen.
Gretchen Whitmer: Would be nice to have national strategy working with states.
Tudor Dixon: Stop all efforts to restrict the 2nd Amendment.
James Craig: Gun buybacks are a comedy show, a recipe for failure.
James Craig: Disarm criminals, not law abiding citizens.
Tudor Dixon: COVID: opposes lockdowns and anti-Science mask mandates.
Gretchen Whitmer: COVID-19 restrictions were aggressive and necessary.
Tudor Dixon: Implement a statewide ban on sanctuary cities.
Garrett Soldano: Pro-second amendment, against illegal immigration.
Tudor Dixon: Housing migrant children supports criminal cartels.
Tudor Dixon: Expose more students to high-demand skilled trades.
Principles & Values|
Tudor Dixon: Pro God, pro life, pro gun and pro freedom.
Tudor Dixon: Acted in low budget films as a hobby.
James Craig: Claimed that protestors against him were paid to be there.
James Craig: Michigan is the embodiment of the American dream.
James Craig: This is about leading from the front & keeping people safe.
James Craig: Won't back down to liberal wokeism & woke corporations.
Tudor Dixon: Calls for liberating Michiganders from lockdowns.
James Craig: Rejects objections to police graduations held in church.
Tudor Dixon: Phase out Michigan's personal income tax.
The above quotations are from 2022 Michigan Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: