Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Hawaii Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 HI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andria Tupola (5) Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
- Josh Green (4) Hawaii Democratic challenger for Governor
- Kirk Caldwell (10) Hawaii Democratic Challenger
- Vicky Cayetano (3) Hawaii Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Hawaii Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Kirk Caldwell Stands By Ex-City Officials Accused Of Criminal Conspiracy," by Christina Jedra, February 4, 2022
- Maui News, "Green: COVID-19 restrictions could ease in a few weeks," by Melissa Tanji, Oct 6, 2021
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Vicky Cayetano Offers A 'Humble Spirit' In Run For Hawaii Governor," by Chad Blair, August 30, 2021
- Honolulu Civil Beat: "Here's How Hawaii's Top 2022 Political Races Are Shaking Out," by Chad Blair, August 19, 2021
- KHON, "Lt. Gov. Green vows to remain doctor despite house bill banning second jobs," by Sam Spangler, Feb 15, 2021
- KHON TV-2, "Honolulu to officially recognize Juneteenth," Jun 18, 2020
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Honolulu Hale Lit Up In Rainbow Colors," by Chad Blair, June 24, 2019
- Hawaii News Now, "Honolulu welcomes new citizens, but holds off on becoming a 'sanctuary city'," by Chelsea Davis, May 18, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Vicky Cayetano: Pro-choice; and supports medically assisted death.
Budget & Economy|
Kirk Caldwell: As largest landowner, state is key to building new housing.
Andria Tupola: Save government money with efficiency; cut waste.
Kirk Caldwell: Stand in solidarity with Black community for social justice.
Kirk Caldwell: We celebrate diversity and inclusion no matter who we love.
Kirk Caldwell: Refuses to answer questions about indicted ex-city officials.
Andria Tupola: Prioritize budget increases for police.
Andria Tupola: Support police who risk their lives for us.
Energy & Oil|
Kirk Caldwell: Strongly support 100% renewable energy by 2045.
Kirk Caldwell: Banned single-use plastic items; reduced landfill waste.
Andria Tupola: Protect environment by partnering with local orgs.
Kirk Caldwell: We have to reduce taxes, bureaucracy, and over-regulation.
Josh Green: Supports health department over Navy water contamination.
Andria Tupola: Ease permitting processes for developers.
Kirk Caldwell: Invest much more in mental health, drug treatment programs.
Josh Green: COVID: Opposes having ration health care.
Josh Green: Has been a leading voice in the Covid-19 fight.
Vicky Cayetano: Calls for vaccine mandate for restaurants, bars, gyms.
Josh Green: Lt. Governor also works as emergency room doctor.
Kirk Caldwell: Not a sanctuary city, but protected undocumented immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Vicky Cayetano: No problem too great that we can't overcome together.
Kirk Caldwell: We have to reduce taxes to attract businesses and jobs.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andria Tupola Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
- Josh Green Hawaii Democratic challenger for Governor
- Kirk Caldwell Hawaii Democratic Challenger
- Vicky Cayetano Hawaii Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Hawaii Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: