Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Georgia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 GA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Mike DeWine (1) Ohio Republican candidate for Governor
- Stacey Abrams (13) Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
- Vernon Jones (11) Georgia Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Georgia Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CBS News, "Georgia GOP Governor Brian Kemp faces primary challenge from former Democrat," by Adam Brewster, April 16, 2021
- Fox News: "I am a lifelong Democrat who is joining the Republican Party. Here's why," by Vernon Jones, January 8, 2021
- CNN State of the Union Interview of Georgia Gubernatorial Candidate Stacey Abrams, January 03, 2021
- ABC This Week interview of Stacey Abrams, December 27, 2020
- The Daily Beast: "Stacey Abrams Will Run for Governor Again, Allies Say," by Hanna Trudo, Nov. 12, 2020
- Valdosta Today, "Hate crime amendment presented by GA representative," June 9, 2020
- NBC News, Meet the Press interview of Gretchen Whitmer, April 19, 2020
- Council on Foreign Relations: "A Conversation with Stacey Abrams," May 10, 2019
- Democracy Now: "Stacey Abrams: We Have to Work Harder Than Those Who Would Suppress the Vote", January 31, 2019
- (More race coverage soon in the coming months...)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Vernon Jones: Opposed anti-abortion "heartbeat" bill enacted in Georgia.
Vernon Jones: Lawsuit: he wanted a "darker administration" as county CEO.
Stacey Abrams: Voter suppression is an existential crisis in the US.
Vernon Jones: I cannot stand for the defunding of the police.
Vernon Jones: Make attacks for party affiliation or ideology a hate crime.
Vernon Jones: School choice: why can't the money follow the child?
Families & Children|
Vernon Jones: 1998: outlaw selling music with explicit lyrics to minors.
Stacey Abrams: We've returned to isolationism, driven by fear-mongering.
Stacey Abrams: Our moral credibility in the world has been diminished.
Stacey Abrams: Representation matters in our foreign service.
Stacey Abrams: Concerned China building infrastructure, relationships.
Stacey Abrams: Trade policy should not be based on brinksmanship.
Mike DeWine: Not healthy when people think election system isn't working.
Stacey Abrams: Ensure everyone trusts the system, and it's worthy of that.
Stacey Abrams: Only obligation we have is make sure every vote is counted.
Stacey Abrams: You don't win county by county; you win person by person.
Stacey Abrams: Fair Fight Georgia helped Biden and Democratic Senate.
Vernon Jones: Supports the NRA; received campaign donation in 2016.
Vernon Jones: Co-sponsored bill to crack down on illegal immigrants.
Vernon Jones: Opportunity for all rather than increase the minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Vernon Jones: Black voters would vote for David Duke if a Democrat.
Stacey Abrams: Prefers organizing systems for change to legislating.
Vernon Jones: 2007: Backed a flat tax proposal as "fair tax".
War & Peace|
Stacey Abrams: US should be judicious & careful with our use of military.
Welfare & Poverty|
Stacey Abrams: Reducing the top not enough on income inequality.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Mike DeWine Ohio Republican candidate for Governor
- Stacey Abrams Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
- Vernon Jones Georgia Republican challenger for Governor
The above quotations are from 2022 Georgia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; contenders:
GA 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Brian Kemp(R)
vs.Minority Leader Stacey Abrams(D)
vs.Senate candidate Shane Hazel(L)
vs.State Rep.Vernon Jones(R)
vs.2020 candidate Kandiss Taylor(R)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Georgia gubernatorial debate,
Brian Kemp (R)
Casey Cagle (R)
Hunter Hill (R)
Stacey Abrams (D)
Former gubernatorial races:
2014 Georgia gubernatorial debate
Andrew Hunt (L,2012)
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: