Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 North Carolina Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 NC Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cal Cunningham (20) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Eric Mansfield (3) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Erica Smith (4) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Garland Tucker (6) Republican Senate challenger North Carolina
- Thom Tillis (2) Republican Jr Senator North Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Carolina 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 North Carolina Senate race (Thom Tillis & Dan Forest), downloaded Oct. 2020
- CampusElect survey (Thom Tillis vs. Cal Cunningham), September 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- ABC-11 Eyewitness News , "Medicaid enrollment, costs growing as unemployment surges," by Jonah Kaplan, June 5, 2020
- The Raleigh News-Observer, "COVID-19 underscores a rural NC need," by Cal Cunningham, April 06, 2020
- The UNC Daily Tar Heel, "Op-ed: North Carolina students deserve better than Thom Tillis," by Cal Cunningham, 2/7/2020
- Charlotte Observer, "Democratic Senate candidates in North Carolina face off at their first forum," by Jim Morrill, Jan. 21, 2020
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Eric Mansfield, September 2019
- The American Spectator, "Republican Senate Challenger Explains Why He Supports Trump," by Garland S. Tucker III, May 24, 2019
- ABC News-13 WLOS, "Eastern Carolina businessman announces bid for U.S. Senate," by Kristy Kepley-Steward, May 9, 2019
- Halsey News, "Garland Tucker Will Primary Thom Tillis, Plans To Secure Border," by Kari Donovan, May 8, 2019
- Raleigh News-Observer, "Tillis draws Senate primary challenge from Raleigh businessman," by Brian Murphy, May 06, 2019
- WRAL Raleigh-Durham, "Born alive abortion bill passes Senate," by Laura Leslie, April 15, 2019
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- Real Clear Policy blog, "If This Is Limited Government, We're In Trouble," by Garland S. Tucker III, April 09, 2018
- WRAL Raleigh-Durham, "Wind farm moratorium blows through Senate," by Laura Leslie, June 28, 2017
- Vote-USA.org North Carolina Senate Guide (Thom Tillis), 10/24/2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Cal Cunningham: Politicians have no place between woman and her doctor.
Erica Smith: State "born alive" abortion law criminalizes women & doctors.
Cal Cunningham: Restore Voting Rights Act; for automatic voter registration.
Cal Cunningham: Encourage investment in minority businesses.
Cal Cunningham: End mandatory minimum sentences for non-violent offenders.
Cal Cunningham: Public education should be an engine of opportunity for all.
Cal Cunningham: Lower cost of college; expand access; reduce burden of debt.
Cal Cunningham: Expand Pell Grants; allow refinancing of student loans.
Eric Mansfield: Focus education on employment and economy.
Garland Tucker: Criticized Congress for not cutting Education Dept. budget.
Erica Smith: Stop cuts to education; compensate our teachers.
Energy & Oil|
Cal Cunningham: Invest in clean energy economy for jobs & reducing pollution.
Erica Smith: Opposed state moratorium on wind farms.
Families & Children|
Cal Cunningham: Supports Equality Act, and overdue Equal Rights Amendment.
Thom Tillis: Defend the institution of the traditional family.
Cal Cunningham: Protect US with smart diplomacy & working with allies.
Garland Tucker: Wouldn't think twice about cutting foreign aid.
Thom Tillis: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Cal Cunningham: For campaign finance reform & independent redistricting.
Cal Cunningham: Supports background checks & ban on high capacity magazines.
Cal Cunningham: Strengthen Affordable Care Act; create public option.
Cal Cunningham: Extended Medicaid can catch people as they're knocked down.
Cal Cunningham: Add public option to ObamaCare; support Medicaid expansion.
Erica Smith: Expand ObamaCare but would not vote against Medicare for All.
Eric Mansfield: Supports tort reform & free market competition.
Cal Cunningham: Fight for military project funding in NC; support veterans.
Cal Cunningham: Comprehensive immigration reform, protect DREAMers.
Garland Tucker: Agree with Trump on "emergency declaration" to fund wall.
Garland Tucker: Biggest issues are immigration & government spending.
Cal Cunningham: Raise the minimum wage; support equal pay for equal work.
Eric Mansfield: Highly skilled work force drives sustained prosperity.
Principles & Values|
Garland Tucker: Was less pro-Trump than anti-Clinton.
Garland Tucker: Delighted and amazed at Trump's commitment to conservatives.
Cal Cunningham: Income equality fueled by tax cut for wealthy & corporations.
Cal Cunningham: Invest in high-speed broadband, other infrastructure.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cal Cunningham Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Eric Mansfield Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Erica Smith Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Garland Tucker Republican Senate challenger North Carolina
- Thom Tillis Republican Jr Senator North Carolina
The above quotations are from 2020 North Carolina Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)