Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 South Carolina Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 SC Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Catherine Templeton (7) South Carolina Republican candidate for South Carolina Governor
- Henry McMaster (3) South Carolina Republican
- James Emerson Smith (2) South Carolina Democratic candidate for governor
- Kevin Bryant (13) South Carolina Republican candidate for governor
- Yancey McGill (2) South Carolina Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
South Carolina 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- EqualMeansEveryone.org, "SC Equality PAC Endorses James Smith," May 30, 2018
- FITSnews.com, "#SC2018: Kevin Bryant Launches Ad Blitz," May 29, 2018
- South Strand News, "Local schools deserve more options to protect our kids," by Lt. Gov. Kevin Bryant, May 7, 2018
- FITSnews.com, "#SC2018: Kevin Bryant Unloads On The Quinndom," April 16, 2018
- The Post and Courier, "Templeton changes position on abortion," by Jamie Lovegrove, Feb 27, 2018
- Greenville News, "Templeton calls for arming teachers while opening campaign," by Kirk Brown, Feb. 26, 2018
- Maritime-Executive.com, "South Carolina Debates Offshore Drilling," by MAREX, February 13, 2018
- Fox Carolina, "SC Lt. Gov. on NFL anthem protests: 'We should not disrespect our veterans'," by Sierra Hancock, Oct. 29, 2017
- The State, "She’s running for governor as a conservative outsider," by Jamie Self, October 07, 2017
- U.S. News & World Report, "Democrats Finally Have Candidate for Governor," by Seanna Adcox, Oct. 2, 2017
- Greenville News, "Culture changes needed to fight Opioid addiction," by Kevin L. Bryant, August 18, 2017
- The State magazine, "Bryant vows to block federal education mandates if elected SC governor," by Bristow Marchant, Aug. 7, 2017
- GayToday.com, "Republican candidate goes after trans rights & defends Confederacy," August 3, 2017
- Charleston Post and Courier, "Templeton's 'proud of the Confederacy' remarks stir controversy ," by Andy Shain, Aug 2, 2017
- The Post and Courier, "McMaster & Bryant accused of anti-abortion political maneuvering," by Maya T. Prabhu, June 6, 2017
- Voice of the Pee Dee (SCnow.com), "There's a new pothole forming--in your wallet," by Kevin Bryant, May 12, 2017
- The Post and Courier, "Templeton declares 2018 bid for South Carolina governor," by Emma Dumain, Apr 4, 2017
- The State, "Former Lt. Gov. McGill running for governor as a Republican," by By Andrew Shain, March 21, 2016
- Greenville News, "With more refugees on the way, senators push restrictions," by Tim Smith, January 19, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Catherine Templeton: Define personhood from conception; no exceptions for incest.
Henry McMaster: Supports Personhood Bill, defining life from conception.
Kevin Bryant: Supports Personhood Bill, defining life from conception.
Henry McMaster: Budget shouldn't "contain a penny" for abortion providers.
Kevin Bryant: Budget shouldn't "contain a penny" for abortion providers.
Yancey McGill: Opposes abortion, even as Democratic State Senator.
Budget & Economy|
Catherine Templeton: I took a buzz-saw to government.
James Emerson Smith: History of supporting LGBTQ rights earned their endorsement.
Catherine Templeton: Opposes accommodating transgender people.
Catherine Templeton: Proud of the Confederacy; don't rewrite history.
Kevin Bryant: Change Medicare incentives to address opioid addiction.
Kevin Bryant: We leave jobs unfilled with "one size fits all" higher ed.
Catherine Templeton: Arm teachers: the only defense is a good offense.
Henry McMaster: Supports arming teachers in schools.
Kevin Bryant: Consider arming teachers and other school employees.
James Emerson Smith: Led fight against vouchers.
Kevin Bryant: Joins "Stop Fed Ed" vows to reject all Federal Ed mandates.
Energy & Oil|
Kevin Bryant: Open to exploring the risks/benefits of offshore drilling.
Kevin Bryant: Reforms should include eliminating current ethics loopholes.
Catherine Templeton: Fight corruption & waste & good ol' boy system in Columbia.
Kevin Bryant: Wants schools to have ability to shoot back in defense.
Catherine Templeton: Blow up state health agency, from the inside out.
Kevin Bryant: Kneeling during anthem disrespects veterans.
Kevin Bryant: Says no refuge resettlement until federal security is better.
Principles & Values|
Yancey McGill: Served for 25 years as Democrat; now running as Republican.
Kevin Bryant: Vicious cycle of paying back a lot of earned tax credits.
Kevin Bryant: Keep politics out of fixing infrastructure; use common sense.
The above quotations are from 2018 South Carolina Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)