Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Oregon Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 OR Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Kate Brown (2) Oregon Democratic Governor
- Knute Buehler (15) Oregon Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oregon 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Klamath Falls News, "Governor Kate Brown Sets Goals for Oregon's Schools", Aug 27, 2018
- The Oregonian , "Buehler hopes to weather challenges from the right in GOP primary," by Jeff Manning, May 6, 2018
- Associated Press, "Front-runners emerge in packed GOP race for Oregon governor," by Tom James, May 5, 2018
- Bend Bulletin, "Buehler, Brown disagree about gun-control initiatives," by Gary A. Warner, April 5, 2018
- Eugene Weekly, "Buehler On Oregon Issues," by Corinne Boyer, February 8, 2018
- Seattle Times, "Buehler wants $50 million to help fix Oregon foster care," February 6, 2018
- The Oregonian, "Buehler's car broken into in Portland," by Gordon R. Friedman, December 15, 2017
- Portland Tribune, "Better-managed forests are good for our environment, economy," by Knute Buehler, September 19, 2017
- The Oregonian, oregonLive.com, "Distorted abortion attack," by Knute Buehler, August 20, 2017
- East Oregonian, "Rep. Knute Buehler seeks governorship," by Paris Achen, August 3, 2017
- The Oregonian, "Buehler faces uphill campaign trail," by Hillary Borrud, August 3, 2017
- KTVZ and Associated Press, "Oregon House passes $3.8 billion transportation bill," July 5, 2017
- Oregon Catalyst, "Knute Buehler: Urban and Rural Oregonian," by Reagan Knopp, April 18, 2017
- Bend Bulletin, "Buehler to feds: Hands off Oregon marijuana," by Joseph Ditzler, February 24, 2017
- The Oregonian, "Outlawing businesses, unions with state contracts from making political donations," by Gordon R. Friedman, February 13, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Knute Buehler: Pro-choice: wants abortions rare, safe and legal.
Budget & Economy|
Knute Buehler: Boost economy via spending controls and cutting regulations.
Knute Buehler: A crime victim himself, vows to make citizen's lives safer.
Knute Buehler: Federal government needs to respect state laws on marijuana.
Kate Brown: Seamless system of education, from cradle to career.
Energy & Oil|
Knute Buehler: May 2017: tax carbon; Oct.2017: oppose clean-energy jobs.
Knute Buehler: Wants to combat wildfire damage to forests with new policies.
Families & Children|
Knute Buehler: Create a "rapid-improvement team" for foster care.
Knute Buehler: Early supporter of marriage equality for all citizens.
Kate Brown: International trade supports a half million Oregon jobs.
Knute Buehler: End pay-to-play politics, to restore confidence.
Knute Buehler: Single-payer health care as a qualified not absolute right.
Knute Buehler: Omit minor infractions from sanctuary state rules.
Knute Buehler: More job training; less job-killing regulations.
Principles & Values|
Knute Buehler: Freedom and new opportunities are bedrock GOP principles.
Knute Buehler: No new or higher taxes during booming economy.
Knute Buehler: Funding transit by payroll tax is unfair and bad policy.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Kate Brown Oregon Democratic Governor
- Knute Buehler Oregon Republican candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Oregon Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)