Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2013
(Candy Crowley interviewing candidates for 2014 and 2016 races)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2013 (number of quotes indicated):
- Jack Reed (1) Democratic Sr Senator Rhode Island
- Jeb Bush (2) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- John Hickenlooper (3) Colorado Democratic Governor
- Jon Huntsman (1) Utah Former GOP Governor (2005-2009); Ambassador to China
- Lindsey Graham (2) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marco Rubio (2) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Udall (1) Democratic Sr Senator; previously Representative Colorado
- Mitch McConnell (1) Republican Sr Senator Kentucky
- Peter King (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rand Paul (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Richard Durbin (4) Democratic Sr Senator Illinois
- Rick Perry (3) Texas Secretary of Energy
- Susan Collins (2) Republican Sr Senator Maine
- Tom Cotton (1) Republican Senate challenger Arkansas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
Making an appearance on all five talk shows on one Sunday is known as a Full Ginsburg,
because it was first accomplished by William Ginsburg (Monica Lewinsky's attorney) in 1998.
In 2013, both Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio accomplished a Full Ginsburg,
fueling speculation that both are planning a presidential run in 2016.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Candy Crowley; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (David Gregory; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Bob Schieffer; moderate; ran briefly as Democrat for governor of Texas in 2009)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Rick Perry: More restrictions on abortion clinics; 5-month limit.
Budget & Economy|
Rand Paul: The sequester is the law of the land: can't compromise on it.
Mitch McConnell: Supports sequester cuts: 2.4% out of $3.6 trillion budget.
Jack Reed: Postpone sequestration; then balanced taxes & cuts.
Lindsey Graham: Dollar-for-dollar offset: cut spending to raise debt ceiling.
John Hickenlooper: $20M for mental health 24/7 call-in centers.
Rick Perry: I think our justice system is color blind.
Energy & Oil|
Richard Durbin: Energy tax to fund infrastructure investment.
Susan Collins: Outrageous for IRS to target Tea Party groups.
John Hickenlooper: State Senate "Line item recall" about too-strict gun control.
Marco Rubio: New gun laws are ineffective, so don't pass them.
John Hickenlooper: Universal background checks but no assault weapon ban.
Susan Collins: Cuts in defense are very troubling to me personally.
Mark Udall: Reopen PATRIOT Act: stop gathering secret phone data.
Rick Perry: Why isn't D.C. talking with border states about the border?
Richard Durbin: Reform will increase coordination & reduce terrorism.
Richard Durbin: Extend partner immigration rights to gay couples.
Marco Rubio: Green cards after 10 years; secure border; & e-Verify.
Jeb Bush: People come illegally because there's no legal path to come.
Richard Durbin: Close tax loopholes and gain $1.2T from the wealthy.
War & Peace|
Peter King: Assad is evil, but arming rebels brings another dictator.
Jon Huntsman: North Korea manipulates world to get concessions.
Tom Cotton: Iraq War was just and noble.
Jeb Bush: Over time, people will respect our resolve in Iraq.
Lindsey Graham: Slow Afghan withdrawal, with 15,000 US troops left behind.
The above quotations are from CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2013
(Candy Crowley interviewing candidates for 2014 and 2016 races).