Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2002 Gubernatorial National Political Awareness Test, by Project Vote Smart
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2002 National Political Awareness Test (number of quotes indicated):
- Dave Freudenthal (9) Wyoming Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Jack Hatch (11) Iowa Democratic Challenger
- Mark Sanford (8) South Carolina Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Mike Huckabee (13) Arkansas Republican Presidential candidate
- Scott Brown (8) Previously MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jack Hatch: Abortions should always be legally available.
Mike Huckabee: Eliminate public funding for abortion organizations.
Scott Brown: Abortions should always be legally available.
Dave Freudenthal: No civil unions; define one-man-one-woman marriage.
Dave Freudenthal: No affirmative action in state contracts nor colleges.
Jack Hatch: Supports civil unions and same-sex marriage.
Jack Hatch: Affirmative action in state college & state contracts.
Mark Sanford: No civil unions; define one-man-one-woman marriage.
Mark Sanford: Affirmative action in state contracts, but not colleges.
Mike Huckabee: No civil unions; only one-man-one-woman marriage.
Mike Huckabee: No affirmative action for state contracts nor colleges.
Dave Freudenthal: Provide prisoner job rehabilitation & alternative sentencing.
Dave Freudenthal: Support the death penalty.
Jack Hatch: Programs for at-risk youth and job skills for inmates.
Mark Sanford: End parole for repeat violent offenders.
Mike Huckabee: Build more prisons, and privatize their management.
Scott Brown: Implement the death penalty in Massachusetts.
Jack Hatch: Decriminalize medicinal marijuana.
Mike Huckabee: Stricter penalties for drug-related crimes.
Dave Freudenthal: Increase teacher salaries & school infrastructure spending.
Dave Freudenthal: Teach both abstinence AND contraceptives in sex ed.
Mark Sanford: Endorses teacher-led prayer & displaying Ten Commandments.
Mike Huckabee: Raise teacher salaries; hire more teachers.
Mike Huckabee: Support displaying the Ten Commandments in public schools.
Scott Brown: Vouchers for public, private, or religious schools.
Energy & Oil|
Jack Hatch: Promote increased use of alternative fuel technology.
Mike Huckabee: Promote alternative fuel technology.
Scott Brown: Promote increased use of alternative fuel technology.
Jack Hatch: Supports open-space preservation and more environmental regs.
Dave Freudenthal: Limit campaign contributions but not campaign spending.
Jack Hatch: Spending limits on political campaigns, & state funding.
Mark Sanford: Limit campaign contributions but not campaign spending.
Mike Huckabee: Supports term limits for state legislators.
Mike Huckabee: Limit campaign contributions, but no public funding.
Scott Brown: Campaign disclosure but no donation limits.
Dave Freudenthal: Ease state gun restrictions.
Jack Hatch: Supports background checks, licensing, and enforcement.
Mike Huckabee: Allow concealed carry.
Scott Brown: Concealed carry ok; but licenses & background checks ok too.
Mark Sanford: Transfer more Medicaid recipients into managed care programs.
Mike Huckabee: Guaranteed medical care not government’s responsibility.
Scott Brown: Ensure access to basic health care, including state funding.
Jack Hatch: Opposes English as the official language.
Scott Brown: No affirmative action in public employment nor contracting.
Dave Freudenthal: Supports term limits for state legislators.
Mark Sanford: Supports term limits for state legislators.
Mike Huckabee: Supports Internet sales tax.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jack Hatch: More TANF; more job training programs.
Mark Sanford: Redirect welfare funding to faith-based organizations.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Dave Freudenthal Wyoming Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Jack Hatch Iowa Democratic Challenger
- Mark Sanford South Carolina Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Mike Huckabee Arkansas Republican Presidential candidate
- Scott Brown Previously MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
The above quotations are from 2002 Gubernatorial National Political Awareness Test, by Project Vote Smart.
- 2020 Political Courage Test: House and Senate
- 2018 State legislation: House, Senate, and Governor
- 2016 State legislation: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and State
- 2013-2014 Political Courage Test: Gubernatorial & Senate, plus legislative records
- 2011-12 State legislation: House and Senate plus legislative records
- 2009-10 Political Courage Tests: Senatorial, Gubernatorial, and State legislation
- 2008 Political Courage Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2006 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2004 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2002 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2000 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential and Congress
- 1996-1998 Political Awareness Tests: House, Senate, and State
- Collections of Voter Guides:
- American Family Association iVoterGuides:
- Science Debate Voter Guides:
- CampusElect.org Voter Guides:
- AARP voter guides:
- Vote-USA.org voter guides:
- Miscellaneous voter guides: